Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Stuff


I have had a nasty ( or as John Lennon used to say " narsty) headache off and on this past week. Not conducive to the blogosphere or much of anything . It's ok, if I am lying down, but comes back immediately if I stand up. And I, sadly , do not own a laptop. Sigh.
Anyhow.. It let up enough yesterday so that we were able to see "Coraline" in 3- d. What a delightful, scary , gorgeous , elegant little film. I am a major Neil Gaiman fan and it was nice to see his weird little book translated so nicely into a weird little film. If you can see it in 3- D do so. It's the best use of that medium I have ever seen. Subtle and beautiful. It's a bit scary - anyone over eight years of age should be OK with it . I only hid under my coat a couple of times. The entire film glows.

It snowed today, rather a lot, so the husband had a snow day and we hung out and watched old "West Wing" episodes and did very little. That was kind of nice. The doggies love the snow, they push each other over and slide on their backs like demented turtles. The five year old twins next door were behaving in much the same manner.

I have been swimming, when the headache allows , and I love it. The pool at the " Y" is so warm and comforting - I am not a winter person. But the Y is helping me survive it this year.

The Daffodils were poking up but now they are covered with snow. It never seems to bother them much. Hardy little devils!

6 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I hope your head feels better. Headaches suck.

Swimming in the winter sounds lovely. I think I would like to try that sometime.

xxxooo

Cristin said...

I was thinking of taking Graham to see Coraline.. he likes scary stuff...

I'd love to go swimming...

Ronda Laveen said...

I didn't realize Coraline was a Gaiman work. I look forward to seeing it especially after your recommendation.

I got several hits from women interested in the Geeky Old Lady group via my blog last week. I directed them to you. I love daffodils in the snow. It always seems such an oxymoron, flowers blooming in snow.

HEADACHE BE GONE!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I hate headaches and I love West Wing. I hope you're feeling better.

Ronda Laveen said...

I'm back and guess what?

I've been tagged by mrsupole. And now I've tagged you. You are IT! These are the rules:

1...Put the link of the person who tagged you on your blog.
2...Write the rules on your site.
3...Mention 6 things or habits of no real importance about you.
4...Tag 6 persons adding their links directly
5...Notify the person that you tagged them.

Good luck!.

Pseudo said...

I hate headaches and have been plagued with them all of my life. Hope yours is better soon.

I was given the book Coroline at a teacher conference when it first came out. My son loved its weirdness, one of the few books he read without prodding. I hope to see the movie too.